Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Amazing Progress At Dance!

Jen and I were pleasantly SHOCKED to see Juliana actually participating in dance class yesterday! She followed the teacher's instructions almost the entire time, it was amazing! I couldn't have been more proud of her, and my oh my was it cute!

As for Jacob, he had his follow-up eye appointment yesterday. The eye doctor was very happy with the progress he'd made over the past two days since he saw him last. We don't have to take him to next week's appointment, instead we'll wait a month, YAY! He doesn't think Jacob needs his glasses so we're to not put them on him unless we see his eye starting to turn in again. We are to continue all prescriptions until all are gone.

While waiting for the bus this morning, there was a girl who is always very outgoing and talkative. She said "His eyes are red, where are his glasses???" I told her that he had eye surgery last week and hopefully he won't need to wear his glasses anymore. "So he doesn't have lazy eye anymore?" It's looking that way, but it takes a while to know for sure. "I have lazy eye, but it's not too bad, I lost my glasses." How do you lose your glasses??? "My mom won't buy me anymore, I've lost three now." (That poor mom! Glasses aren't cheap, Missy!) "His eyes look really good, he's handsome!" Well thank you! (Jacob walks up...) "You look very handsome!" "Yeah..." (says Jacob). "HE SAID SOMETHING!!!" (she was shocked!) Tee Hee! Yes, she has tried to talk to him MANY times and he always hides his head in my coat. Another girl walked up and asked why his eyes are red too. I hope his day goes well... The bummer is that mornings are the worst, so they'll probably be a bit better by the time he's heading HOME, but has to have them at their reddest while he's encountering all his classmates. I'm sure the teacher will have the perfect explanation for his classmates, I just don't want him to feel bad (which he's already shown, so I'm a bit protective of his feelings right now). Anywho, I'm antsy for him to come home so I can see how his day went...although I'm sure all I'll hear is "Good...I don't know...can I have chocolate milk?" :-) Maybe I'll have to email his teacher ;-D

So yesterday had two great parts to it, all the parts in between where pretty hell-ish :-) I had to pray and pray for God to buck-up my attitude. Was gone a majority of the day, dealt with two very frustrating poo-poo accidents on Juliana's part and a VERY fussy Jenna (who is getting Juliana's cold...who got it from Jacob), and just various little things here and there, it all just kept compounding... But Matt sent me out of the house to visit Melissa and her new baby at the hospital, so for that I was VERY thankful! (her baby is SO cute!)

Below are three links to videos from Juliana's dance class yesterday. I wish YouTube didn't knock down the clarity so much! (understandable, but still!) :-) Just so darn cute! Poor Emma, she got paired up with Juliana, who is SO far behind where Emma's at! Juliana's holding her back from being the Broadway star that she is!!! We're very grateful for her though, she is a HUGE help to Juliana, she's her "stronghold" :-) If you watch the videos, Juliana and Emma are the only two that wear all-pink ballerina clothes, Juliana's hair is in a bun, Emma's are in pony tails. Enjoy!




.

2 comments:

The Earnhardt Family said...

Love it, love it, love it Denise. She is doing awesome!! What a tale shaker she is!

The Williams Five said...

They were both soooo adorable!! They were cracking me up!