Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Iguana Begins!

That's right, tonight was the first night of Iguana - I mean AWANA!!! Jacob has been calling it Iguana all day :-) We all began in the sanctuary with songs and introductions. Juliana was part of the first group to be dismissed to their class, Cubbies! Mommy walked her back and ended up having to walk her in to the class as she was quite hesitant. But once I reminded her of the trains, off she went and didn't look back, so out I snuck! Jacob's group was next to be dismissed to class, Sparkies! Next to be dismissed was none other than DADDY! Matt is a leader for 3rd & 4th grade boys...may God be with him... ;-D

The kids were so excited when we got them at the end of the night. Jacob proudly showed off the first Awana dollar he's been awarded, and showed it off again...and again...and again...and spoke of it almost the entire way home! The cutest by far was when he said that we could go to McDonald's and he could give it to the man behind the counter (for ice cream, I'm sure!). He also now wants a dog...darn those Sparkies...Daddy quickly said "You can have cats! That's all!" Jacob was very sad to have to leave Alex & Evan Wyllie, he wanted to play with them some more. He also prayed that Gabe could be in Awana too :-) Anywho, a great start to their first year in Awana!


2 comments:

The Earnhardt Family said...

I have to admit when I saw the title I thought you guys bought an Iguana!!

The Williams Five said...

That is hilarious. What is funny is I didn't even have to read the post to know that it was AWANA!