Monday, September 15, 2008

Dance Class A Success!

OK, I'm sure that Jen is laughing by the title of my blog, BUT stay with me here... Juliana had her first dance class today, and I am choosing to think of it as a success! She didn't run off and cry, she didn't go potty in her underwear, Jenna didn't scream, I made it home in time to get Jacob off the bus...all in all - A SUCCESS!!!

Juliana was so excited to put on her ballerina clothes this morning, and for Mommy to do her hair up in a bun, she was ALL SMILES! We got in the car, I could tell she was already losing steam, we got to the dance class, and she stuck by my side but was VERY happy to see Emma (who was VERY happy to see Jenna!). The dance class was beginning and all the girls were sitting in a circle, Juliana started to walk in with me until she realized that I was staying back, then STONE - she wouldn't budge. The instructor was very nice and came over, grabbed her hand, and nicely led her to the group. "Stone" would be a good name for this blog actually, because that's what she was, during the entire class, still as stone! She would move any time the instructor would grab her hand and lead her somewhere, she would walk with her head down and get from Point A to Point B, but that's all she was givin' up! There were a few times that Jen and I would notice her foot tapping, but that's the most she would do ;-) (Juliana's parents see that as progress, baby steps) Emma was SO sweet with her! From time to time she'd look over, give Juliana a little stroke on her arm, seeming to say "It's OK Juliana, you can do it, you're doing great." Thank you, Emma! What a great friend you are! (And a great dancer! She did great, but I'll let Jen tell you all about that in her blog) :-)

Juliana is very shy around people she doesn't know, as many of you know! But once she's been around them on a more consistent basis and sees that it's the same thing week after week she'll start to loosen up and go with the flow. Also, she is a brand spankin' new three-year-old, the youngest age you can be to be in the class, barely makes the cut, so it's to be expected :-) I am shocked that she didn't cry and run to me, that in itself is progress! I'm very thankful that she has a teacher that is willing to work with her and take her by the hand. Hopefully she won't have to do that for long, I want all the kids to get good attention from the teacher. Anywho, there you have it, our "success" story of Juliana's first dance class!













3 comments:

The Finnestad Family said...

Sounds like a success to me....and she sure looks adorable all done up like a ballerina. Tell her that her Auntie Karen is SO proud of her!

The Earnhardt Family said...

Auntie Stephanie is proud too!! I say that was a whoppin' success. She'll be doing piroettes (spelling??) soon. I love the differnt shots you took with the mirrors.

Wagner's said...

She couldn't be cuter if she tried!! I can't wait to come watch her and Emma!