Friday, September 5, 2008

Not Sure What To Report???

Hmmm...he's never been good at telling me about his day...I'm always left wishing I could have been a fly on the classroom wall :-) It goes something like this: "How did your day go?" "Good." "What did you do?" "I dunno." "Did you read a book?" "No." "Did you go outside and play?" "Yes." "Did you write your name?" "Yes." "Did you make any new friends?" "Yes." "What are their names?" "I dunno." Etc. etc. etc... The only things I've gotten out of him is that at some point he lost his group during recess and he ended up being out there with the big kids until the man in the orange jacket told him he wasn't supposed to be with the big kids, Jacob got scared and cried. :-( I'm not sure how that all unfolded, like how he ended up out there at that time, did he just not go in with his class at the end of recess? Did he go out there at a different time? How long was he out there? Oh how I wish he'd tell me more, so frustrating! :o) Anywho, he also said he got to eat crackers during recess, rectangle ones with holes in them :-) He drew a picture of Jacob in a house and it read "I love Dad, I love you too Mom." But he says he drew with a white crayon on white paper ;-) He was very excited to ride the bus home. Aunt Karen actually followed the bus into our development, so she got to witness first-hand how they let students off the bus. It was nice to hear that they started from the back of the bus and worked their way forward, matching each student's name with a name on the list, then rechecking every row to make sure no children were missed.

Back at the ranch, now that's something I can actually tell you about! It was a GREAT day for Juliana, Jenna & myself! I thoroughly enjoyed being able to solely focus on the two girls while Jacob was at school. It was so nice getting to read books to Juliana while Jenna was napping. And in general just playing with the two, and not having to feel the need to entertain a third child (he's getting harder and harder to entertain, he's definitely growing up). I feel like I'm finally going to get some much-needed good ol' one-on-one time with Juliana, and that makes me so happy! She's been doing GREAT with her potty training! Apparently all she needed was a visit to the Magical Currey Home, and some switch got turned on in her head :-) (which is hilarious as when I LEFT for 45 minutes to take Jacob to his Kindergarten assessment that day, I had said "OK, I expect Juliana to be fully potty trained by the time I return" - little did I know that would actually be the case!) It's been a week now of her doing phenomenal! She's had a few accidents here and there, but overall she is doing wonderful, and we are THRILLED! (as is she!) So she and Emma Currey will be starting dance class next week, YAY! More to come on our little ballerina princess...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Shawn Shere says: Wow...my 16 year old started her senior year this week.... what do you know? I had the same responses...how was your day? fine... are you glad to be back in school? sure... It is like they read from the same script of words to say to your parents when they ask you about your first day at school. Momma-D it is so cool you are blogging!

The Earnhardt Family said...

I am so excited to see that you have listened to those of us who gently nudged. It will be so fun to get updates. Love the layout!

The Finnestad Family said...

Regardless of the amount of conversation you got out of him, he sure looked happy when he got home. It was fun watching you guys walk back from the bus together. I wish I would have had my camera at that moment!

Cindy Kay said...

You are so good at writing to entertain. That was great !

Jennifer said...

Way too cute!! Jacob looks so grown up. I love first day of school pictures. And I am PROUD to be one of the PUSHY people!!