Monday, October 6, 2008

The Ultimate Test

Juliana had the ultimate test today... She wouldn't have Emma in dance class today, Juliana's stronghold! I've been antsy to see how she'd do, and I am PROUD to say that she did GREAT! She was talking about Emma on the drive to dance class, but I never said a word about Emma not being there today. When it was time for class to start, she just walked right in and got in line! She followed instructions, danced and giggled, it was super cute. At one point the instructor said "It's time to put our boogie shoes on!" (figuratively speaking) and Juliana laughed and looked at the girl next to her - "BOOTY SHOES!!! HA HA HA HA!!!" :-D Anywho, Jenna slept through almost the entire class, it was SO nice to just stand there and watch. But did I get any video? NO! Jen & I normally get tricky and as the last child is walking into class, we prop the door open with a doorstop. But today the teacher was the last one to go into class and she closed the door behind her :-( So I had to watch through the viewing window, which doesn't really allow for video taking. Juliana LOVES watching the videos throughout the week, I swear that's helping her do better with participating each week! And Matt loves watching the videos to see his daughter dance. So I think I'll have to email the teacher and see if she'd be OK with us keeping the door open from time to time for that purpose. I don't know if I have enough gusto for that though...may have to have Jen do that... ;-D

Earlier this morning Juliana came around the corner saying that she broke her leg. Well that was obviously not the case so Mommy didn't come running :-) But she quickly took off upstairs, came back down and said "I all better now!" She had put two Lion King band-aids on her knees. She's a good boo-boo fixer, and with Disney band-aids no less, THAT'S MY GIRL!


Baby Jenna has made some big progress over the last couple days as well! She is spitting up substantially less all of a sudden (I have only had to use a burpcloth while giving her a bottle...because she apparently has a hole in her lip...and that's IT!!!), and she's starting to sit up! We have to put something behind her as she flings herself back sometimes, but for the most part she's sitting up really well! That keeps her content for quite some time, just sitting up while reaching for toys. We're moving forward! Now if only we could get her on a schedule... (I know, Erin, you think I'm insane for wanting a schedule!) ;-)

.
Jacob has AGAIN chosen a Transformer costume for Halloween this year! We have shown him endless costumes to see if he may be interested in anything else, but for MONTHS he has been set on being a Transformer. So while at Wal-Mart, I said "Hey look Jacob, there's a Transformer costume!" "Oh cool! Bumblebee!" "Do you want this one?" "No, the red one." I had seen the Optimis Prime further back but didn't show it to him to see if maybe he'd want to at least be a DIFFERENT Transformer this year, but no, it HAS to be Optimis Prime. At least the costume is changed up this year and includes a mask :-) Anywho, that was a couple weeks ago, and he just tried it on for the first time today...he still has it on...an hour later :-)
.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Um....5 o'clock? You are sooo grounded!

The Finnestad Family said...

Wow - what a fun day for all of your kids...and for you! We'll be looking for that video next week, after you (I mean Jen) has a talk with the teacher :)

The Earnhardt Family said...

Fun stuff! Jenna is so extremely cute. Looking forward to seeing you guys this weekend.

The Williams Five said...

I guess schedules can be a good thing. Especially for babies! Hee hee. Jacob looks so cute in his transformer costume. Ive been enjoying watching the videos from dance class, I hope you get to tape more of them.