Friday, October 17, 2008

I Washed My Van!

Yep, I washed my van...but THAT wouldn't be worth blogging about, I mean come on! The real story is "WHY" - why would Denise wash her car on a chilly October afternoon when she could be spending her time warm indoors eating bonbons while watching soap operas (as all stay at home moms do!).

The story begins on a brisk Fall morning as the leaves were dancing along the streets of Maple Valley... OK, kidding! Really, the story is that I went to Sam's Club with the girls on Thursday morning after shipping Jacob off to school. The skies are gray, the forecast showed rain, and as most moms try to do, I wanted to park next to a Cart Return. Well, the spot next to the cart return was a "Compact" spot, and there was already a car in the next space over. So I carefully rounded the corner to pull into the spot, and (may I remind you that I'm still learning the fine lines of where the edges of my van are...I could SEE where the Jeep ended for the most part, the van falls off into an abyss and you can't see the hood in the least!) yes, I successfully miss the first pole that holds up the chains which form the cart return's boundary lines, but I decide to widen my turn slightly so there's enough room on my side of the van, and scraaaaape...my stomach tightens into a knot and proceeds to leap to my throat as I realize what just happened! BOB HAS BEEN INJURED! What makes it worse is that there was a man walking through the parking lot and HEARD the scrape, and CHUCKLED! (I'm sure as he noticed it was a woman driving the van - dumb woman drivers) Needless to say, the entire time I'm going through Sam's Club, I'm almost in tears as I'm picturing the yellow paint on my shiny new van - "should I buy these dino nuggets?!?...what about this yogurt???...with the economy the way it is and I may have just cost us a pretty penny in order to repair Bob...what about that wine over there..." (yes, I was close to drinking over this one!) ;-D

Anywho, I get home, feed the kids, put Jenna down, and Juliana & I head straight outside to begin seeing if I can get that yucky yellow paint off of my precious Bob! I am proud to say it was successful, all yellow paint is OFF of my van! However I can tell it ever so slightly goes in on one certain part, and that grates me to no end...it will forever be a reminder to me that it's OK to get a little wet and it's OK to park a little further away and run the cart to the cart return after the kids are all buckled in - they will be FINE!

And now I shall go ice my poor arms for scrubbing the front fender for so long...another reminder of my stupidity...


- BEFORE -


- AFTER -

2 comments:

The Finnestad Family said...

Oh...how I mourn with you over Bob's injury but rejoice with you over your successful scrub job. I love your retelling of the story!!

The Earnhardt Family said...

I am so sorry. You did an awesome job restoring Bob to his original glory though!! Did you get the wine??