Sunday, December 28, 2008

More Christmas Festivities!

We got together with Greg, Stephanie and the kids on Friday to celebrate Christmas, and what a great night it was! We hung out, played foosball, ate pizza and snacks, played Disney Trivial Pursuit while the kids were watching a movie (the kids watched MANY movies that night, while playing of course!), and topped the night off by getting Stephanie on Facebook finally! (that just may have been my favorite part, as the dads had all six kids on the other side of the SHUT door that Stephanie & I were behind while getting her started on Facebook!) (ahhh...) :-) All in all, a GREAT night!

The boys playing a game of foosball...IT'S ON!
.
Jacob very excited about his new fishing game!
.
Juliana LOVES her gifts!
.
Jenna opening her gift from Uncle Greg and Aunt Stephanie.
.
A super cute picture of Aunt Stephanie and Jenna!
.
The Earnhardt cousins! (we're so glad they're back!!!)
.
Then on Saturday night the Wagners came over for OUR annual Christmas get-together! Another night of hanging out, talking, yummy food, playing games, and kids watching movies! I tell ya, I love holidays!!!!! My parents had bought me the game "Would You Rather...?" for Christmas, so we broke that open and played it for the first time with the Wagners. A GREAT GAME! We had such a good time playing it!

The "surrogate family", the kids and Gabe!
.
Jenna with her new book! I love Veggie Tales books!!!
.
Juliana loving her new ballerina toy!
.
Gabe was excited to get a Hulk toy!
.
Jacob and his huge floor puzzle!
.
Jenna reading her book...she's VERY advanced ;-D
.
Aunt Lisa reading the book to the girls :-)
.
THEN, on Sunday morning Jacob was in his first Kids Praise Christmas performance!!! He did SO great doing all the hand motions and singing the songs! (as did all the kids!) It's neat having him up there with so many close friends and family, like James, Austin, Ryan, and many others. He did the hand motions moreso during the 1st Service performance, but the 2nd Service performance was just too good to pass up! So that's the one I choose to upload right now. My favorite part is around the 1 minute and 40 second mark (or so), when Jacob loses his balance. :-) I am SO sorry, Ryan! But Ryan sure recovered well and kept right on goin'!
.
Jacob and other Kids Praise kids in the Christmas performance.
.
Great job with the hand motions!
.
2nd Service Kids Praise Christmas Performance:
(Jacob is front row, 2nd from the left)
(If you have high speed connection, you can choose the "View In High Quality in the lower right corner of the YouTube video screen)
.

I believe that concludes our Christmas festivities for 2008!!! I just asked Jacob if we should start taking down our Christmas decorations, which he PROMPTLY told me NO! So I think they'll be up for a few more days :-) My goodness, it's almost 2009, can you believe it?!?!?

2 comments:

The Finnestad Family said...

Wow! I don't know how you were able to capture so many great Christmas memories in one blog...and how in the world I could comment on them all. Great job getting Stephanie set up on FB...we've all been waiting for that. I love the present pictures. Juliana looks so happy she could cry in one of them. And you can tell how excited Jacob is! I also LOVE that picture of Jenna with Aunt Stephanie. Can't wait to play that new game with you soon. Your family needs to come over! Finally, thanks for posting that video. Cracks me up everytime I watch it. And you were right, Jacob did SO awesome both services!

My name is Breanna... said...

Hi, Just had a chance to catch up on some blog reading and wanted to say what fun your Christmas pics were. How great to have cousins and family to share the holidays with. Happy New Year!