Saturday, January 17, 2009

This-N-That!

It's been quite a while since I've posted a blog! I think I got a little blogged-out over the holidays, needed a break from it :-)

Jenna's 9 Months!
Jenna turned 9 months old day, YAY! She has her 9-month appointment on Tuesday, I'm sure I'll be blogging again after that with all her stats and stuff ;-) She's been pretty fussy last week, had an icky cold (which most people heard about on Facebook, she was center of attention at the school bus stop the other day). We think she's also getting ready to cut a couple teeth up top, so she's looking to be fussy for a while! Let's see...9 months old...she has rolled over one time, doesn't crawl, has two lonesome teeth...but she's cute as a button and is just taking her own sweet time on all those milestones! (as all our kids have)

Resolutions
I'm not big on making resolutions, I have more the mindset of "if you want to make a change, do it NOW, don't wait until a specific date!" That said, I do have two resolutions for this year :o)

#1 - To finally finish reading thru my bible! I technically have read the whole thing by now, but I'm trying to read it from cover to cover Life App wise. I started about 2 years ago, I read every verse and every life app note that corresponds, every bio, etc. Needless to say that takes a long time. HOWEVER I have also been slacking in that area ever since Jenna was born. SO I want this to be my year to finally finish! I am currently in the end of Mark. I'll get there!!!

#2 - To finally lose my insulation!!! Yes, it's very obvious that I need to lose weight. I've gone up and down, up and down, up and down, but never gone ALL the way down to where I'd like to be. Although I know that I most likely will not lose ALL 80+ lbs in this calendar year, this is my year to be serious about it and get as far as I possibly can! Even better yet, my mom & I are doing it together!!! She has been such a great support system and accountability partner for me! We've been working hard since Tuesday, December 30th. To date I've lost 9 lbs. I feel great about that and am SO motivated this time!!! Since then I've worked out all but two days, have been eating well, and already can feel a difference. I am SO excited about that!!!

There are so many reasons why I want to lose weight... My relationship with my husband, Matt. My kids, both to be a good example AND so I'll be here when they get married and have kids of their own! For myself, so I can feel good and comfortable in my own skin. So I can finally wear something other that workout pants and a t-shirt! For my confidence level, up on stage when I'm up with the worship team, when I'm just walking around in front of people, when I'm at my old work (which happens to be Matt's current work!), all the time! I'm tired of being the fat daughter, the fat sister, the fat friend, the fat mom, the fat worship team member, etc. I know that sounds harsh, but that is completely the way I view myself, and am SO ready to NOT be that person anymore!!! So as much as I hate to admit it to everyone else (because then I will be "watched" more closely), I have to shout it to the world that I want to work hard on this and finally SUCCEED, and by you all knowing, I'll be held all the more accountible and be all the more supported. So there ya have it!

Alrighty, that's about it! Oh yeah, and Matt & I kicked butt today at getting stuff done around our house! We went through so many boxes of baby clothes and various other items, dropped stuff off at Goodwill, listed a few things on Craigslist, put all our holiday boxes up in the rafters, SO many things we've been wanting to do! WAHOO!!! :-D I am sooooo excited about it!

OK, that's all :-) I hope you are all having a wonderful 2009!!!

Jenna's 9-month growth picture next to her monkey
.
She wasn't cooperating very well...but she's so super cute!
.
Still not cooperating...
.
She's mobile in her own little way, turns and scoots a teensy bit :-)
.
She is SO much cuter than me! But I'll be cuter soon!!! Watch out world!!! ;-D

1 comment:

The Finnestad Family said...

I missed this blog last night, but beg to differ with you. Yes...Jenna is super cute, but I'm pretty sure alot of that came from YOU! Way to go with all your goals and projects. You're doing awesome Denise!