Friday, June 5, 2009

A Bad Day

I know, the title of this blog really makes you excited to read this blog :-) But hey, it is what it is! Let's start, shall we?
.
It started blissfully last night when I went out with Lisa for our annual Spa Pedicure & Dinner night for my birthday. Ahhhh, so wonderful... We ended the night with sparkling toes adorned with decorative flowers and a special silver jewel on each foot. Great conversation that lasted for hours, no children present, always a pleasant aspect!
.
A brief moment this morning of enjoying
my pretty new toes
.
Meanwhile, Matt was being a great dad and took the kids to Jacob's school so he could show them what he does during recess every day. Upon return, it starts... Matt rarely parks the van in the garage, and notoriously pulls in far to the right.
.
After getting Jacob on the school bus this morning, the girls and I headed to the garage so we could take a trip to Wal-Mart, a very regular occurance for this household. However, the van was pulled so close to the side of the garage that Juliana wouldn't go around as normal to get in the van, in fear of spiders. Upon inspection, I saw no spiders, however realized I wouldn't be able to squeeze in to buckle her up regardless. So I instructed her to stand off to the side while I pulled back, she'd hop in, I'd buckle her up, and off we'd go. Great plan!
.
The gentle purr of the engine, slip the gear into reverse, slowly back up...and then it happens... Unfortunately the slider was still slid back in the open position, and when pulled so far off to the right already, I'm sure you see where I'm going with this... Yep, yanked the door right off!
.
So instead of a quick trip to Wal-Mart, I spent the next 5 hours on the phone with insurance, tow company, auto dealer, more insurance, body shop, and Matt several times. WHAT A CRAPPY DAY! And just to top it off, Jacob ran out back and fell, which resulted in skinned up hands and knees. Juliana bit Jenna's finger, which sadly was where she injured her YESTERDAY when throwing a toy at her, so it reopened the wound and sent Jenna into more screaming. It's just been one of those days...
.
Anywho, so Bob has been towed away to the auto body repair shop, where he'll sit in utter sadness until we can be reunited again. And on that day, that glorious day, he'll be shiny and beautiful and...in tact... Until that day comes, I have been reunited with Larry the Laredo, and Matt is back to driving his nameless Chevy pick-up. We're grateful to still have that trusty nameless truck. And I feel that after he has saved us yet again, I firmly feel that he needs a good strong name! We'll have to ponder that...
.

.

.

.

5 comments:

noell said...

Total bummer! I'm so sorry! Tomorrow will be better! ☺

The Finnestad Family said...

Your toes are lovely....Bob, not so much :( I'm so sorry it was such a bummer of a day for you. Sure hope the rest of your weekend makes up for it & turns out awesome!

aaron♥michelle said...

Man! That's a bummer!! Glad no one was hurt...well, tooo bad - how's the finger and knees? Hope you had a great birthday - I was thinking of you all day but never got on line to say happy birthday, so happy belated birthday today!! :) Btw, I just have to say once again that you look AMAZING!!! :)

Hope you have a BLESSED week!!!

Aaron and Heather said...

Oh, your van looks so sad going off like that... what a rotten day. However, your toes are REALLY gorgeous! If you just sit and gaze at them, can they transport you back to that earlier time, when all was well? :-)

Anonymous said...

You have extremely beautiful feet! wonderful skin and cute toes!